ISBE and ICCB have established the implementation plan below. Key points:
- Implementation years are the 20-21 school year and the 21-22 school year. The year assigned to a school is based on level of adequacy and rates of community college math remediation.
- Schools are not required to implement in the 19-20 school year, but many are implementing then as early adopters. All schools are encouraged to plan during the 19-20 school year.
- A year is given for each district. However, EVERY school in a district must implement. If there are multiple schools for a given district, it is advised to phase in the implementation over the two implementation school years.
- “Implement” means to offer at least one transitional math course that has been approved portable.
- Schools may apply for portability in the year they implement. It is not required to have portability prior to implementing.
- Each district must implement or opt out. The opt out requirements are included in the plan. ISBE is developing a list of documents and decisions that must be submitted to them. Contact ISBE at TRInstruction@ISBE.net for more information.
NOTE to districts: If you cannot locate your implementation year or there is an error or omission, please contact ISBE at TRInstruction@ISBE.net